Now that I’ve given notice on my job, my mind has turned to what won’t be happening anymore.
Things I won’t do in the next 12 months:
- Tax Season (oh, sweet relief!)
- Take only a couple days off at a time because of work obligations (and the fear of being told I’m not good enough)
- Try to make up an excuse to get out of the Christmas Party
- Stand around in the conference room and celebrate every other thing (birthdays, Boss’s Day, Administrative Assistant’s Day, these people really like to celebrate)
- Listen to whining from people who have no right to whine (well, that may still happen, just different people)
- Listen to my bosses blame me for things that aren’t my fault (again, could still happen but different bosses)
- Feel guilty that I’m not doing enough
- Beat up on myself
- Be paranoid about what others think of me
- Do everything for everyone else and never for myself
There’s a lot of work on me that has to be done. It starts with taking a break and then figuring out how to move forward. God has a plan and my job for right now, is trusting Him.