1. Things do get better but not always how you think they will.
2. There are people like you. You just find them on the internet and not in your real life.
3. You are not God’s gift to academia. You will almost fail chemistry in college.
4. You are not Daria.
5. Don’t be such a hardass. We all do the best we can.
6. Hard work doesn’t always pay off. And that’s okay.
7. Not knowing who Tom Waits is doesn’t make someone an idiot.
8. Clogging is not as important or as awesome as you think it is. (Seriously, stop clogging. You’re going to ruin your knee. Too late. Shit.)
9. You will see these people again. On Facebook. Don’t worry, sometimes that’s a good thing.
10. You will never completely rid your life of terrible people. Get used to it.
11. Learn to love exercise. (Man, that would have made things so much easier.)
12. Teachers are just people. They’re not trying to ruin your life. You’re not that important.
13. You are more naïve than you think you are.
14. People will always surprise you.
15. You’re right. Being a teenager sucks. But it doesn’t last forever.
I could tell a lot of this to my much-older -than-16 year old self!
I know, right? I have to keep telling myself these things. That’s why I wrote them down 🙂
Really like this one. Wish I’d known it in time.